|1. Specialized Tours t/a Specialized Tours & Events undertake to provide all services offered subject to the terms and conditions set out herein, which terms and conditions are accepted by the passenger / agent.
2. Reservations for all services as stipulated in the itineraries will only become guaranteed on receipt of the clients booking instruction, accompanied by the deposit requested.
3. The clients’ acceptance and booking instruction serves as confirmation of the tour as quoted and full Terms & Conditions.
4. To secure bookings, a 50% deposit will be required within 30 days of receipt of confirmation invoice (unless otherwise requested).
5. The balance payment is required 60 days prior to tour commencement. All bookings not taken up by this date will be released and any new bookings will be on a request basis only.
6. The quotation is subject to the full payment being made to Specialized Tours & Events by bank transfer. The client is responsible for all bank charges relating to payment from the client to Specialized Tours & Events. A 4% Bank Fee will be added to the cost of the package to cover bank charges.
7. Should the client or agent wish to make payment by credit card, – a 5% card levy will be applicable.
8. Prices are subject to change without prior notice. Quoted prices include all services as specified in the itinerary.
9. Services as quoted are deemed available at the time of quotation. However, until such time as the booking instruction and deposit payment is received, services are subject to availability and price change.
10. Clients are to check all details on the quotation: dates, inclusions, total package calculations. It is the clients’ responsibility to alert Specialized Tours & Events of any errors or omissions.
11. Specialized Tours & Events reserves the right to make corrections.
12. Prices are subject to adjustment in the event of changes in Value Added Tax, fuel prices, air fares or hotel charges. Prices are quoted in South African Rand unless otherwise agreed. Prices quoted are subject to exchange control fluctuations. Specialized Tours & Events reserves the right to re cost tours, should minimum numbers not be met. Should the client not accept the re costed tour price, Specialized Tours & Events reserve the right to cancel the tour, and the client will be liable for all costs incurred.
13. Cancellation terms: Cancellation is only effective on receipt of written notification.
8 to 6 weeks to travel date 25 % cancellation charges
14. While every effort is made to keep to all published itineraries, Specialized Tours & Events reserves the right to make changes to the itinerary. In some cases, weather conditions can necessitate an alteration in your tour itinerary and this does not constitute any reason for refund. No refund for unused services will be considered. In the event that the stipulated hotel, farmer or person / organization to be visited, excursion, service or speaker is unavailable for any reason whatsoever, Specialized Tours & Events undertakes to endeavor to provide alternative accommodation etc. at the same price quoted to the passenger.
15. Refunds: Should any refund be due to the client, such payments would only be made after the services have ended. The client agrees that refunds will be made with an administration fee deducted from said refund.
16. Cancellation of flight tickets: The applicable Airline’s Terms & Conditions will apply in the event of cancellation or failure, for any reason whatsoever, to use confirmed space as ticketed. A change of reservation constitutes a cancellation.
17. Airport Transportation: It is the responsibility of the client to provide Specialized Tours & Events, in advance, with detailed flight information. This includes for arrival transfers: date of arrival, airline name and flight number, arrival time, and country of origin. For departures this would include: date of travel, airline name and flight number, departure time, destination.
18. The onus lies with the traveler to ensure that they are able to meet any departure flights. The traveler is to ensure that they have sufficient time to check in and take care of luggage arrangements. (4 hours for International flights and 2 hours for domestic flights)
19. For group package tours: Accommodation is as specified in the itinerary and is based on two people sharing a twin bedded room (or as stipulated). The use of specific accommodation is subject to availability. Specialized Tours & Events reserve the right to make use of alternative accommodation. Should a single traveler not wish to make use of a single room and thereby pay the single supplement applicable, the onus is on the traveler to find a person to share his or her room.
20. It is the responsibility of the client to note luggage restrictions on all regional and small aircraft flights.
21. It is the responsibility of the client to inform Specialized Tours & Events, at the time of booking of any special dietary or medical requirements.
22. Visitors are strongly advised to take out adequate insurance against all possible risks including personal injury, death, baggage loss, theft and cancellation or curtailment of tour. All tours are booked and all tour arrangements are made on the express condition that Specialized Tours & Events shall not be responsible for, and shall be exempt from, all liability in respect of any loss, damage, accident, delay or inconvenience to any person, or his or her luggage, or other property, wherever, whenever and howsoever the same may occur.
23. It is the responsibility of the visitor to ensure that they have a valid passport and the correct visas and that they have the required vaccinations to gain entry to any country, which they are intending to visit. Specialized Tours & Events cannot be held responsible for any visas, passports or vaccinations not held by the client.
24. It is highly recommended that travelers check health regulations with their General Practitioner well in advance of departure.
25. Specialized Tours & Events acts as an agent in the reservation of hotels, flights, car hire and tour packages. As such, Specialized Tours & Events accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss or damage which any passenger may suffer as a result of the failure of such principals to fulfill their obligations to travel arrangements, accommodations or otherwise howsoever.
26. Unscheduled extensions: In the event of there being an unscheduled extension to the travel programme caused by flight delays, bad weather, strikes or any other cause which is beyond the control of Specialized Tours & Events, it is understood that the expenses relating to these unscheduled extensions, will be for the account of the passenger.
27. Should travel documents (itineraries, vouchers etc.) of any kind be couriered or mailed to clients, the cost thereof will be borne by the client.
28. These Terms & Conditions may be varied only by us and amendments to these Terms & Conditions may be made on the Specialized Tours & Events website from time to time. Please double check to ensure that you are referring to the most up to date edition of the Terms & Conditions.
29. The law of South Africa shall govern the relationship between Specialized Tours & Events and the passenger and the Courts of South Africa shall have sole jurisdiction in respect of any claims and/or disputes, which may arise between Specialized Tours & Events and the passenger, or Agent.